Life Under Construction:
I didn’t get my garage built last year as I’d been planning on. Life just seemed to get too busy.
Life goes by so fast and our plans are so short sighted that we sometimes lose sight of what we’re building for eternity.
We go about our daily lives frantically building the things we think will bring fulfillment and happiness, only to find out that they really don’t bring much satisfaction at all.
Whatever project we’re building – houses, careers, marriages, families, friendships (and even garages), don’t carry much meaning unless God is in the midst of them. They’re like the house built on sand that crumbles because it has no foundation.
Building according to God’s design means that our life is lived in faith and obedience to him. With Jesus at the centre of our life, even if our projects don’t turn out as we think they should, our labor is not in vain. For if our lives are being built according to his plan they will have meaning and stand for an eternity.
“Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.” (Psalm 127:1)
News & Events:
1. Thur. Feb. 21, 7:30 PM – Lifegroup @ Sniders. (No Thurs. Lifegroup Feb. 28)
2. Monday Feb. 25, 7:00 PM – Lifegroup @ Dorseys. (No Monday Lifegroup March 4)
3. Friday March 1, 1:00 PM – World Day of Prayer. Hosted at ABC.
4. Sunday March 3, 12:30-2:30 – Final free public skate of the season.
5. Friday March 8, 7:00 PM – Gardom Lake Camp concert & dessert night @ Willow Park Church, Kelowna.
I’m away next week and will be back in the office Tue. March 5.
Pastor Wayne Snider
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1