I hope you’re enjoying the sunny weather this week! With Easter weekend coming up I’ve been reading through the Passion story, and noticed a verse in Matthew’s account that I had never paid attention to before…
Who Crucified Jesus?
The Bible tells us that Jesus died to pay for the sins of humanity. You and I are included in humanity. I still experience the struggle with the “old man,” and the sinfulness of the flesh, but sometimes I ignore the serious nature of my sinful actions. We should all consider the personal nature of our sin.
“And all the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!” (Matthew 27:25 ESV)
The truth is, that every time I fail or fall short of God’s perfect standard, it’s like another blow with the hammer that nailed Jesus to the cross. Jesus paid for my forgiveness with his blood. He died, so I might live! We are all responsible for Christ’s death because we have all sinned. What an amazing love that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Pilate tried to deny any responsibility for crucifying Jesus. But the Scripture reveals the truth…
News & Events
- Wed. March 27, 2:30 PM – Funeral service for Martha Kornelson
- Friday March 29, 11:00 AM – Good Friday service
- Sunday March 31 – Easter Sunday service @ 10:30 AM
- Manor services beginning @ 2:30 PM
- Thurs Ladies study @ ABC 9:30 AM
- Thurs Lifegroup @ Snider’s 7:30 PM
- Monday Lifegroup @ Dorsey’s 7:00 PM