Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. (1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV)
Encourage One Another
Have you ever been around a positive person who makes others smile? Those kind of people seem to be able to brighten even the dark days. They are the encouragers that see the potential and promise that God sees in people. They want to build, rather than destroy, a person’s sense of worth and value.
“Psychologist’s tell us that for every negative word spoken, it takes seven words of encouragement to rebuild the destruction caused.”
Then there are those other people who seem to have a gift for turning a sunny day into a cloudy one with their complaining and negativity. They leave us feeling drained & discouraged. Instead of building up, discouraging words destroy our sense of worth. Psychologist’s tell us that for every negative word spoken, it takes seven words of encouragement to rebuild the destruction caused.
ABC is a church where seldom is heard a discouraging word, but let’s not become complacent in offering encouragement to each other. Let’s continue to choose to be part of the building crew and not the wrecking crew. Think about someone today who might need a word of encouragement spoken into their life.
News & Events
- Fri. April 26, 7:00 PM: Wyldlife
- Sat. April 27, 11:00 AM: Les Young Memorial service
- Sun. April 28: Pot Luck lunch after church
- May 3-7: Pastor Wayne & Rita away at BCMB Conference & retreat.
- Sat. May 4, 2:00 PM: Smart Meter info. meeting @ ABC
- Sat. May 11: Gardom Lake Walk, Run Cycle Fundraiser.
- Wed. May 22, 7:00 PM: Hearing God Seminar
- Sat. May 25: Church cleanup day.