What’s in a Word?
My father was known as a man of few words, but the words he spoke were usually well thought out. He always told me to “think before you speak.” I’ve been guilty at times of not thinking before I speak. Sometimes I’ve spoken words in jest but instead of being funny, the words I’ve spoken have hurt someone.
Once a word is spoken it’s impossible to retrieve. Words are important. They have real power. James warns us that although our tongue is a small part of the body, it has the power to determine the whole course of our existence (James 3:3-6). There used to be a time when a man’s word was his bond, but there seems to be a disregard for the importance of a person’s word these days. Many of the words we speak are shallow with little consideration for the effect they might have on others. What’s in the words that you speak each day?
“Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good… (Proverbs 16:20)”
News & Events
- May 3-4: Pastor Wayne will be attending the BCMB annual conference.
- May 5-7: Snider’s away at Pastor & Spouse retreat.
- Sunday May 5: Denis Harvey speaking.
- No Monday or Thursday Lifegroups meeting this week.
- Sat. May 11: Gardom Lake Walk, Run, Cycle Fundraiser – see Murray or Rubin for
- pledge books.
- Wed. May 22, 7-9 PM: Hearing God Seminar begins.
- Sat. May 25: Church cleanup day.
I’ll be attending the BCMB Convention this weekend at Coquitlam and Rita & myself will will be at the pastor & spouse retreat from Sunday – Tuesday at Harrison Hot Springs. I will be back in the office Wed. May 8.
Have a great week!
Pastor Wayne Snider
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1