Sept. 18, 2013
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” –1 Cor. 10:31
We sometimes tend to separate our spiritual life from our routine daily life, much the way we separate our work from our leisure. There are things like prayer, Bible reading, and attending worship that we might consider to be spiritual, and others like eating, sleeping, working, school and a host more that we consider ordinary.
Paul’s exhortation to “do it all for the glory of God,” gives us the freedom to consider everything we do as an act of worship. God created us as physical beings with daily routines and daily needs. As we go about the functions of our everyday life, and as long as we aren’t acting in ways contrary to God, whatever we do, we do it to God’s glory. Whatever you are doing today, see it as a way to glorify your Creator.
News & opportunities:
- Wednesdays: 9:30 AM Men’s coffee time @ Leaf & Bean
- Thursdays: 7:30PM Lifegroup @ Snider’s 2260 Hayden Drive. Study in Hebrews.
- Mondays: 7:00 PM Ladies Lifegroup/Bible study @ the church (begins Oct 7)
- Reminder that we will have a short congregational meeting immediately following Sunday morning service to discuss & vote on roof repairs. Motion: That arrangements be made with Torchcraft Roofing to undertake all work to repair/replace the south and north roofs as indicated on their quote dated Sept. 13 for a total cost of $23,580 (plus tax).
- Children’s ministry opportunity: Anyone interested in assisting with children’s ministry on Sunday mornings please talk to Stephanie Konrad (250-546-3775).
- Body Life Journey: Beginning in Oct. you’re encouraged to participate in Body Life Journey, to discover your unique identity in Christ, your spiritual gifts, and your place to serve in the Body of Christ. Stay tuned for more information.
If you have any information or announcements to share with our church family please email them to email@example.com by Thursday morning each week.
Pastor Wayne Snider
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1