Nov. 13, 1013
How far are you willing to go?
On the night before Jesus was crucified he took his disciples to the Garden at Gethsemane. Jesus told them about the urgency of the hour but they really didn’t seem to grasp the importance of it. Instead of going with Jesus, Judas went to betray him. Some of the disciples were satisfied to stay on the peripheral; a few continued on but fell asleep. At the most critical time of his life Jesus alone went further to cry out to the Father and seek His will. At the greatest moment of intercession in history, there was no one willing to go with Jesus and watch with him.
Jesus is calling each of us to go further and share the holiest moments of God’s presence. Some might choose to ignore the call, some might be too distracted and others might feel too tired. If you are willing to go a little further with Jesus you will experience the things that only angels are witness to. How far are you willing to go with Jesus?
“And going a little farther, he fell on the ground and prayed…” Mark 14:35
News & opportunities:
- Thursdays 7:30PM: Lifegroup @ Snider’s 2260 Hayden Drive. (study in Hebrews)
- Sat. Nov. 16: Body Life Journey Workshop & Breakfast. Discover your identity, unique purpose & opportunity for ministry in the Body of Christ. Please pre-register with Pastor Wayne.
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church (study in James)
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- Thurs. Nov. 28: Downtown Christmas light-up.
- Saturday Nov. 30, 10:00AM: Christmas decorating at the church. Soup & bun luncheon. Bring a large glass vase filled with Christmas tree balls If you’re able. Everyone welcome! Call Rita for more info. 250-938-1031
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes need to be at the church by Sunday Nov.
- Carole Fest: Dec. 8, 7:00 PM
Blessing others: Please bring any food hamper items & casseroles for George to the church this Sunday for Ben to pick up & deliver.
If you have any announcements to share with the church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office.
Pastor Wayne Snider
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1