ABC Community Connections
Feb. 19, 2014
As Christians we have the assurance that Jesus will be with us always and that God will never leave or forsake us. But that doesn’t mean that Jesus follows us or that God joins us in our activities. Jesus tells us to follow Him and God invites us to join Him in His activities. Following Jesus means that we adjust our lives and obediently go where He goes, experiencing things that we never dreamed of!
We will be with Jesus as He weeps over the lost; we will see those who were once trapped in the bondage of sin become free for the first time; we will see those who mourn find joy; we’ll see relationships restored and people become whole. Following Jesus might mean going through a storm or standing on a mountaintop, but it’s always on His terms, not ours. That’s the only way to follow Him.
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23
News & Events
- Thursdays 7:30 – 9:00 PM: The Truth Project @ the church. Everybody welcome.
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies study @ the church (cancelled Feb. 24)
- Wednesdays 9:30 AM: Mens coffee time @ the Leaf & Bean
- Sunday Feb. 23: “Souper Sunday.” stay after service for soup & a bun (provided).
- Monday Feb. 24: YoungLife fundraiser. See Debi Derksen, Denis Harvey or Ben Erickson for tickets.
- Sunday March 2:
- Denis Harvey speaking
- Manor services
- March 7-9: Women’s Retreat @ Gardom Lake Bible Camp
- March 14-16: Men’s Retreat @ Gardom Lake Bible Camp
- – For more info on the retreats talk to Murray Ludwig or call GLBC @ 250.838.6645
- – Register online at Gardomlake.ca
Are you or someone you know interested in visiting the Holy Land? The Snider’s are making plans to lead a group tour of Israel & Jordan in April of 2015. Watch for upcoming details & information or contact Pastor Wayne.
Pastor Wayne & Rita will be away Feb. 24 – March 3.
Pastor Wayne Snider
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1