April 2, 2014
Who Do We Weep For?
As a way to prepare my heart for Easter, I’ve been reading Luke’s account of Jesus’ final journey to Jerusalem. Luke writes, “when He drew near and saw the city, He wept over it…” Jesus had a lot that He could have wept over. In just a few short days He would be rejected, scourged and hung on a cross to die. His friends would abandon Him and He would feel all alone.
Yet Jesus didn’t cry over His own needs or about His own suffering. Jesus was moved with so much compassion for a city full of people who were lost and didn’t realize it that he wept for them. Whose concerns do we weep over? How much compassion do we have for our city… our neighbours… our friends who are lost? Will we be the ones to weep over them and cry out to God for their salvation?
News & Events
- Thursdays 7:30PM: The Truth Project @ the church.
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church. “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore.
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- Sunday April 6: Manor Services
- May 2-3: BCMB Convention
Prayer Requests: Please pray for:
- – a friend of Ben & Lauren’s whose husband has been diagnosed with an advanced, fast moving cancer. Doctors have given him 3 months. He is a family man with several kids.
- – Dorothy, who has continued dizziness and vision problems.
- – Rhonda, recovering from throat surgery.
If you have any announcements or prayer requests to share with the church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office.
Peace to you!
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1