April 23, 2014
After the Israelites rebelled against God by building a golden calf to worship, God threatened to remove His presence from them. After pleading for God to remain with the people and to go before them to the promised land, Moses wanted the assurance of God’s presence. And so he boldly asked, “Please show me your glory.” Ex. 33:18. No man, not even Moses can see the fullness of God face to face and live, but what God showed Moses and what he will show us is his glory.
The Latin word for glory is Doxa (where we get doxology). It means “the light that comes from something brilliant.” Think of it, as light is to a light bulb, glory is to God. Glory is the manifestation of God’s infinite brilliance and testimony that He is real. While we can’t see God face to face, we can see the evidence of His existence and that He has been at work – we see His glory. God’s glory is like fingerprints left where He has been. When something or someone gives evidence to the reality of God’s existence, they declare His glory. That’s why God wants us to glorify Him. It’s not that He’s insecure and needs our affirmation, but that He wants us to tell the world of the reality of His existence and the ultimate manifestation of His glory in Jesus. Where have you seen God’s glory and how will you glorify Him today?
“The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.” (Psalm 19:1 ESV)
News & Events
- Sunday April 27: Souper Sunday. Stay after the service for soup & a bun.
- Thursdays 7:30PM: The Truth Project @ the church. (ends May 1)
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church. “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore.
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- May 2-3: BCMB Convention @ Williams Lake
- May 4-6: Pastor & wive’s retreat
- May 10: Gardom Lake Bible Camp Walk, Run or Cycle fundraiser. See Murray for info or to sign up.
If you have any announcements to share with the church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office.
Peace to you!
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1