ABC Community Connections
May 8, 2014
Go Ahead and Ask
I have a habit of misplacing my keys. My wife will tell you how often I’ve asked, “Honey, have you seen my keys?” It sometimes frustrates her, but I know I might be staring right at those wayward keys but don’t see them. Even if she hasn’t seen them, I’d rather take the chance of asking the question than not finding my keys. When we’re looking for the answers in life, do we ask and who do we ask? Hopefully we ask God, but God often uses other people to reveal His answer. So don’t be afraid to ask for help for the answers you’re looking for and let another brother or sister lead you to the answer God has. I know I’d always prefer to have people ask or tell me what they’re looking for, rather than guess and I’d be the first one to admit that I don’t have all the answers to life but I know that God does. Together we can search for the answers that He has. If there’s something weighing on your heart, go ahead and ask, and I’ll try to lead you to God’s answer through a sermon or through some one-on-one time with you.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock,and it will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7 ESV)
News & Events
- Sunday May 11: Gospel Music Sunday and Mother’s Day BBQ. The men of the church will be preparing lunch. So men, you can call Don Reimer at 250-542-4220 to find out how you can help or what you can bring if you haven’t already signed up.
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church. “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore.
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- Sunday May 18: Tim Johnson working with NAIM & First Nations people will be speaking.
- Sunday May 25: “Souper” Sunday following morning service. See Edith if you want to provide a pot of soup.
If you have any announcements or prayer requests to share with the church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office.
For His glory!
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1