ABC Community Connections
May 28, 2014
Revealing God’s Glory
As Rita & myself witnessed the beautiful sunsets over the Pacific last week from beach in Mexico it was as though nature was shouting,“There is a God, there is a God, there is a God who made it all!”
The beauty and wonder that we witness in creation are like God’s fingerprints on everything He touches. That’s what glory is. Glory is the supernatural signature of where God has been at work. Our lives are about discovering that truth and finding the infinite satisfaction that can be found only in living in a community that is basking in God’s glory and reaching others with it. That’s why we’re here – to discover the God who made us, to live for His glory, and to reveal how awesome He is, so others see His glory too.
“The heavens (God’s creation) declare the glory (evidence) of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.” Psalms 19:1 ESV
News & Events:
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church. “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore.
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- Saturday June 7, 6:00 PM: Our church family wants to celebrate the recent marriage of Kalvin & Oxanna Mohr. You’re invited to join us at Jake & Darlene Konrad’s, 4647 McLeery Rd, for a pot-luck picnic dinner & reception. For more info contact Darlene Konrad or Edith Reimer.
- July 1: ABC has been asked to provide volunteers to host the children’s games at the Canada Day celebrations. Sign up sheet is in the foyer or email Pastor Wayne.
- Pray for Keith Croy having a biopsy performed Thurs.
- Pray for the family of Roy Hannah (friend of Ben & Lauren Erickson’s family) who passed away after a short battle with cancer.
- Pray for Rachel Hamming who is recovering from a fractured pelvis.
If you have any announcements or prayer requests to share with the church family
please call or email Barb at the church office. firstname.lastname@example.org
For His glory!