ABC Community Connections
June 4, 2104
Do You Stink?
How do you smell to others around you?
In our society we find body door rather offensive and so we use deodorant, antiperspirants, and fragrances that help us smell good to those around us. There’s more than one brand of deodorant would have you believe that the smell of their product acts like a magnet in attracting members of the opposite sex.
I wonder sometimes if we are so conscious of not wanting to offend others that we sometimes dilute the gospel in an effort to make it more attractive? In an effort to be accepted do we sometimes avoid the topic of sin and judgement, and the need for repentance? Are we so concerned with being attractive to everyone that we compromise the truth? Are we offering nothing more than cheap grace?
Jesus loved people unconditionally and extended grace to all, but he never shied away from the truth. He boldly confronted people with their sin. Some embraced Him but many were repelled. As followers of Jesus we too might expect the same if we are true to His message. The smell might offend some, but to others it will be irresistible.
“For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life.”(2 Corinthians 2:15-16 ESV)
News & Events
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church. “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore.
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- Saturday June 7, 6:00 PM: Our church family wants to celebrate the recent marriage of Kalvin & Oksana Mohr. You’re invited to join us at Jake & Darlene Konrad’s, 4647 McLeery Rd, for a pot-luck picnic dinner & reception. Bring a cold dish & your lawn chairs. In case of inclement weather we will move indoors. Gifts are not expected but will be accepted if you choose to bring one. For more info contact Darlene Konrad or Edith Reimer.
- July 1: ABC has been asked to provide volunteers to host the children’s games at the Canada Day celebrations. Sign up sheet is in the foyer or email Pastor Wayne.
- Friday evenings June 20 – Aug. 22: Music in the Park. If you would like to serve refreshments, meet people and enjoy some music, talk with Pastor Wayne.
If you have any announcements or prayer requests to share with the church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office. email@example.com
For His glory!
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1