ABC Community Connections
June 13, 2014
More or Less
The Hebrew word for worship literally means, “to fall or to prostrate yourself before someone on the ground.” Worship is an act of coming before someone in humility and submission.
When we worship we’re saying, “This one is worth more.” We’re not coming to receive anything, but to offer everything to the One who deserves to be glorified.
When we worship with a motive or expectation to receive something, it ceases to be worship. But when we worship with no other motive than to glorify God, His glory comes down and we are blessed. It’s about Him, not us.
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30
News & Events
- Mondays 7:00 PM: Ladies Lifegroup @ the church. “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore.
- Wednesdays: Men’s coffee time 9:30 AM @ the Leaf & Bean
- *June 22: Farewell BBQ for the Dorsey’s immediately following our morning service.
- Hamburgers & hotdogs provided. Please bring a salad, side dish, or dessert.
- If you would like to donate toward a farewell gift for the Dorsey’s contributions may be made this Sunday (June 15).
- June 22: Manor services. 2:30 & 3:30 PM.
- July 1, Canada Day : ABC has been asked to provide volunteers to host the children’s games at the Canada Day celebrations. Sign up sheet is in the foyer or email Pastor Wayne.
- Fridays, 7:00 – 9:00 PM: Volunteers needed to serve refreshments at Music in the Park. See Pastor Wayne.
- Pray for Keith Croy having pacemaker surgery Monday.
- Pray for Marian for employment.
- Pray for Rhonda as she sees her surgeon for check up following throat surgery.
- Pray for Rachel Hamming who is recovering from a fractured pelvis.
If you have any announcements or prayer requests to share with the church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office. firstname.lastname@example.org
For His glory!
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1