April 8, 2015
Faithful in the Details
“What does God want from me?” That’s a question we all ask at some point in our lives, and we almost always connect it to some kind of imagined task or assignment.
But what pleases the Lord isn’t the size of the job or what we achieve. What pleases the Lord is our faithfulness, especially in the little things.
We all like to be recognized for the doing great things, but it’s the things that happen out of the spotlight that God notices. What are those little things in your life that seem mundane and tedious that you’d just as soon give up on or ignore?
Be faithful to see them through to the end, and in the end you will find joy that only God can give.
“Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master” – Matthew 25:21
News & Events:
1. Tuesday’s 7:00 PM: Ladies Group meeting at the church. Looking at “Captivating” John & Staci Eldredge.
2. Wednesday’s 9:30 AM: Men’s coffee break @ the Leaf & Bean
3. April 12: Souper Sunday and Church family meeting to begin review of our constitution. If you’re able to bring a pot of soup of some buns please call Edith Reimer.
4. April 21: FEB Friendship dinner
5. May 9: Gardom Lake Walk, Run or Cycle fundraiser. Begins @ 10:00 AM
1. Wayne & Barb Hoogland (April 9),
2. Alf & Marj Giesbrecht (April 10)
This Sunday morning we’ll be finishing up our study in the Gospel of John with a message on the “Freedom to Fail.” New series starting next week on “Desires of the Heart.”
If you have any prayer requests, announcements or other needs to share with your church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office.
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1