Nov. 4, 2105
One of the things that I’ve become more aware of as result of our recent mission trip to Mexico is that the definition of “prosperity” isn’t the same in every culture. Most of us living in an affluent culture equate prosperity with and abundance of material possessions.
Many cultures where materialism isn’t the driving force look at prosperity through a different lens. One that is a truer picture of God’s definition of what it means to prosper.
Some cultures place a greater value on relationship – especially that of family – than on the accumulation of things. As a result, even though people might be living in poverty by our standards, they have a sense of prosperity and joy in the wealth of relationships they develop through obeying the command of Christ to love one another.
“… keep my commands in your heart,for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity” -Prov. 3:1-2 NIV
News & Events
● Two tickets to Frank Mills in concert Monday Nov. 9 @ 7:00 PM in Kelowna to give away. Call Judith 250-546-6517.
● Sat. Nov. 7, 5:00 PM: Don & Edith Reimer have invited the church family & friends to join them for an anniversary celebration at the church. Happy 45th Don & Edith!
● Nov. 15: Operation Christmas Child: shoeboxes are now available at the church.
● Nov. 29: Souper Sunday. Join us for a simple meal after church and a discussion regarding the church constitution Article 2 – membership.
● Dec. 18: Christmas meal. If you’re able to volunteer to cook/serve in providing a meal for singles/seniors who might be alone this Christmas please let Pastor Wayne or Joy McLean know by Sunday Nov. 8.
● Tuesdays 7:00 PM: Ladies group meets at the church. Current study is “Christian” by Andy Stanley.
● Wednesdays 9:30 AM: Mens coffee @ Leaf & Bean.
Please note that ABC will accept designated giving toward sponsorship of refugee resettlement.
Announcements & prayer requests can be sent to Barb at the church office email@example.com or Pastor Wayne firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Wayne Snider
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1