June 7, 2015
Missions Garage Sale Success!
Many thanks to all of you who made the garage sale at ABC this past Saturday such a success! Whether you donated items or your time, or stopped by to shop, your participation is greatly appreciated.
The sale raised $2200 that will go to Growing Gardens for Life to help build and equip garden sheds and greenhouses at orphanages in Mexico. Even more satisfying than raising funds was how the church rallied to be involved in this event at many different levels – from leadership, to behind the scenes. There was considerable interest shown in Growing Gardens for Life from people in the community, some even interested in going on a mission trip to Mexico.
The next step in developing our partnership with GGFL will be to host the directors of the ministry, Jon & Elaine Stevens at ABC. Jon had indicated that they wouldn’t be able to come until mid-August but there has been another weekend open up on their schedule and they will be here the weekend of June 13-14.
Jon will be sharing during our morning worship service and then we’ll plan on a meal together afterward at the church. Details to be announced.
News & Events:
● Tuesday’s 7:30 PM: note the time change for next week
● Ladies Group meeting at the church. “Captivating” John & Staci Eldredge
● Wednesday’s 9:30 AM: Men’s coffee break @ the Leaf & Bean
● Sunday June 14: Jon & Elaine Stevens here from Growing Gardens for Life
○ Luncheon at church afterward
● Friday June 19, 7:00 – 9:00 PM: Music in the Park. ABC serving refreshments. Volunteers needed.
● June 24: PVSS Grad ceremony. Congratulations Julia Bargery!
● Happy Anniversary:
○ Garry & Rose Hoogland (June 3),
○ Denis Harvey & Joanne Colleaux (June 25)
○ Randy Derksen (2)
○ Jordan Derksen (3)
○ Rose Hoogland (5)
○ Tim Bartel (7)
● Hellen Tulaks cousin Ken, recovery & healing from surgery.
If you have any prayer requests, announcements or other needs to share with your church family please call or email myself or Barb at the church office.
Armstrong Bible Chapel
2145 Rosedale Ave.
Armstrong BC V0E1B1